Poetry: FINDING MYSELF

by: CHERYL L. DAYTEC

Let me spread flowers
on the road I traveled
to find you
Because I should not have regrets
But between that road
and where I stand
I will plant thorns
I should not retrace my steps

Let me honor

my memories of you
By forgetting them
until their most resilient ghost
disappears
Because they comfort and hurt
I cannot trust the double-edged

Let me banish my pains

with more tears
Until I will never cry again for you 
Then I can cry when
There are other wounds
That I can heal with my tears
Or there are joys that I should celebrate

I traveled mountains and seas

To search for you
I did not find you; I found me
Before I did, I never knew I was lost
And now I know it was myself
I was looking for all along. /cld apr2013, st paul, mn, usa

No comments: